Just in time for The World Championship here is our second installment of the Darts Database Ultra 9s – the best performance indicators taken from all PDC matches and all 128 PDC Tour Cardholders to help inform your analysis and predictions for the upcoming World Championship at The Ally Pally and future events.
The Ultra 9s will soon be available to look at over your chosen time period in association with Darts Database.
Here are the top 5 in each category for November. Despite only being the third favourite to retain his world title, Snakebite features in eight of the nine categories and tops the pile in six of them!
1. Scoring Average score after 9 darts Peter Wright 174.38 Jose De Sousa 175.92 Michael van Gerwen 177.22 Gerwyn Price 177.50 Michael Smith 179.70
2. Explosiveness Legs won in 12 darts or less Peter Wright 11.36% Jose De Sousa 11.33% Gerwyn Price 10.88% Michael Smith 9.23% Dave Chisnall 8.92%
3. Efficiency Legs won in 15 darts or less Peter Wright 53.90% Gerwyn Price 49.51% Jose De Sousa 48.01% Krzystof Ratajski 47.04% Michael van Gerwen 46.39%
4. Reliability Legs won in 18 darts or less Peter Wright 88.22% Krzystof Ratajski 87.07% Gerwyn Price 87.06% Michael van Gerwen 86.21% James Wade 85.71%
5. Clinical Finishing Finishes taken in the minimum possible darts Adrian Lewis 25.71% Gerwyn Price 25.51% Peter Wright 25.47% Jose De Sousa 25.40% James Wade 24.14%
6. Accuracy Treble scoring accuracy on 20, 19, 18 & 17 Peter Wright 44.19% Michael van Gerwen 43.46% Gerwyn Price 43.17% Jose De Sousa 43.01% Ryan Searle 41.86%
7. Checkouts Overall % on the 21 different segments (including the bull) Peter Wright 44.16% Ryan Joyce 44.08% Gerwyn Price 43.45% James Wade 43.18% Krzystof Ratajski 42.31%
8. Functional Checkouts Checkout % discounting misses that didn’t cost the player the leg, Ryan Joyce, 55.10% Peter Wright 53.26% Gerwyn Price 52.81% James Wade 52.80% Kryzstof Ratajski 52.32%
9. Match Clinching* The accuracy on doubles in attempts which, if successful, would result in winning the match Gavin Carlin 59.82% Gerwyn Price 51.69% Steve West 49.56% Simon Stevenson 48.96% Richard North 47.40%
*due to only having a small data sample for this metric for November, the top 5 has been based on the year to date in 2020.
Full UKDA Results and selected match reports and news in Every Darts World Magazine:
Darts World Magazine (Issue 577) and 2022 bundle offers
Subscribe or purchase your copy