World Senior darts have unveiled the trophy that the inaugural field will be fighting from one week from today.
The impressive-looking silverware has been made by Thomas Fattorini, a company of history, heritage and by Royal Appointment.
In addition to the design and craftsmanship involved World Senior Darts have offered tribute to four World Champions who would certainly have been in the inaugural field:
First World Champion Leighton Rees, the incomparable Eric Bristow, the phenomenon that was Jocky Wilson and the much loved Viking, Andy Fordham, are detailed around the crown of the trophy on the flights of the integrated darts.
Senior Darts took to social media to thank those who made such touches possible:
“WSDT are hugely grateful for the permission given by the families for us to do this. We believe this trophy will become a piece of darting history in its own right.”
World Seniors Darts Championship which will take place on the 3rd-5th of February 2022.
The inaugural staging of the event will be at the iconic Circus Tavern, home to the PDC World Championship in its early years.
Draw – 2022 World Seniors Darts Championship
- Phil Taylor v Peter Manley/Deta Hedman
- Wayne Warren v Tony O’Shea/Kevin Painter
- Trina Gulliver v Robert Thornton/Bob Anderson
- John Lowe v Paul Lim/Dave Prins
- John Part v Les Wallace/John Walton
- Lisa Ashton v Terry Jenkins/Roland Scholten
- Keith Deller v Alan Warriner-Little/Larry Butler
- Martin Adams v Darryl Fitton/Richie Howson
Words: JR Lott Images: WSDT
Darts World Magazine (Issue 577) and 2022 bundle offers
Subscribe or purchase your copy